Birchstone Markets Limited, BML (We/Us) is a company registered in England with Company registration number 13146432.
We are registered with ICO in the UK with registration number ZB147227 and we are a data controller.
Our registered DPO (Data Protection Officer) is James Arnold. If you have read the following and have any questions, you can contact our firm’s Compliance team at [email protected].
- We will collect and process data entered into this site, including in our application form, in order to meet our Legal Obligations and for the Performance of a contract with us.
- In all cases where Personally Identifiable Data is collected about you, this is carried out with your consent, and you will be required to provide consent for us to collect and process your data, and for us to enter int a contract with you.
- For regulatory reasons, BML is required to collect Know Your Customer information which will include your full name, address, and date of birth.
- In order to fulfill our contract with you, we will require that data be passed to 3rd parties who process data on behalf of BML. This may include us passing your name or the name of your company to our banking partners in order to comply with Wire Transfer Regulations, passing details to credit agencies in order to comply with AML legislation, and passing details of certain trades to regulatory bodies, such as for transaction reporting reasons.
- BML may also collect other data from public sources (such as company records) or may purchase data (such as credit data) in order to help facilitate our contract with you, or to meet our compliance obligations. A full list of where your data may be passed and the purposes of us holding and using this data is available on request.
- BML will not sell your data to 3rd parties for the purposes of marketing or share your personal data with parties for any reason other than for the performance of our contract, or compliance with legislative requirements. BML may aggregate certain statistical data about your firm with the data of other clients and use this data for analytics and marketing purposes. In such cases, it will not be possible for the recipients of such data to attribute this to you specifically or to identify you as the source of such data
- BML will not intentionally collect any information which is considered sensitive but may discover such information during general conversations with you, for example, we may be able to discern your political views based on discussions about current affairs affecting the FX markets.
- BML will not record this data in its systems and will take all possible steps to protect this sensitive data including encrypting call recordings.
- By agreeing to the terms of the application form on this website you consent to your personal data being held for the provision of payment services and acknowledge that BML is required by law to retain all data for a period of 5 years from the point at which you cease to trade with Birchstone (as required by Anti Money Laundering Legislation).
- This obligation to hold data overrides your rights to have your data deleted and your ability to withdraw consent to hold data.
- You may request at any time that we provide a copy of all data held on you, or request that we correct any data we hold on you, should you believe that it is incorrect.
- In relation to our market commentary, if you subscribe to receive our market commentary, you agree that Birchstone Markets may process your email and contact details for the purposes of sending daily market commentary and consent to Birchstone Markets retaining your name and email address in order to send these emails.
- We are an Agent and Authorized representative of Hamilton Court Foreign Exchange Limited (HCFX), who process transactions for you. BML and HCFX are group companies, and in all cases it should be assumed that data held by BML about you, is also shared with and accessible by HCFX.
- This data will not be sold to any 3rd parties and will be used solely for direct communication with you by BML.